Monday, August 4, 2008

Cabinet Sauce

Working late, nothing defrosted, a famished husband...sound familiar? Thankfully I had a few things with which to throw together a good weeknight meal, which I've christened Cabinet Sauce. Tonight, Cabinet Sauce consisted of shallots, garlic, red pepper flakes, capers, black olives, a can of diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and white wine (added in that order). I seasoned it with some salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. All this goodness, after saute-tion and reduction, was served over penne noodles with Parmesan cheese, some leftover fresh parsley and pine nuts. The Old Man usually reacts to Cabinet Sauce with trepidation...it's not always a home run combination. But tonight it turned out pretty good! Who knows, the planets were probably aligned in my favor. I don't care, I'm thankful that we didn't have to dump the whole thing and resort to Lucky Charms. It's happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment