Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Pioneer Woman's Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip

Our friends Amy and Shawn are very serious UFC fans. They've been to Vegas several times to attend fights and always get the PPV at their house when a fight is on. In fact, Shawn recently inquired into what it would take to become a judge for Mixed Martial Arts fighting, that's how into MMA he is! Brent was a wrestler in high school, so he loves watching UFC also and knows all the holds and strategies. Amy and Shawn invited us over to their house last night to watch the big UFC 100 with them and their daughter Lanie. Caleb came with us and he was so good! He showed off his new smiling skills and hung out in the pack 'n play with the safari mobile while we watched one man attempt to break every bone in another man's face. It was a fun night!

I was excited for the chance to make PW's Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip. It turned out wonderful, even though my picture is kinda sketchy (seriously, check out PW's photo of her dip, it's much more appetizing than mine looks). I was out of Worchestershire Sauce, so I just increased the amount of cayenne and black pepper I used to compensate. I can't wait to make it again with all the ingredients because it was good the way I made it, I'm sure it'll be great the way PW makes it.

The Pioneer Woman's Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:

1 14 oz can artichoke hearts
10 black olives (I used a small can of sliced black olives)
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup real mayo
1 egg
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup grated parmesan
3 dashes Worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
cayenne to taste
Drain the olives and artichoke hearts (PW didn't say but I drained mine, it would have been way to liquidy if not). Add all the ingredients into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5-8 times until combined but not liquified. Pour into a medium sized casserole dish and bake in a 350 degree oven 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment