Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fajita Seasoning

The other day I found myself with extra red and green bell peppers, and I always have onions on hand. I rummaged around my refrigerator until I found a turkey link sausage and decided to make a fajita style dish. I didn't have any fajita seasoning packets so I had to make my own. I googled it and found several different recipes and put them all together to create one of my own using spices I had in my cabinet.

Fajita Seasoning

1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder

Combine all in a small bowl. This was enough fajita mix for my batch of 2 bell peppers, 2 onions and 1 pound of turkey sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment