Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tricolored Rotini Pasta Salad

My mom has made this salad since I was a kid. I love to make it in the summer to go along with sandwiches for lunch. Let it sit in the refrigerator a few days, it will taste even better! I've made it with regular noodles before, but I personally think it looks prettier and tastes much better with the tricolored noodles.

Tricolored Rotini Pasta Salad
1 12oz box tricolored rotini pasta
1/2 yellow onion, diced
Green olives, sliced in half, to taste
8 oz. mild cheddar, cut into small cubes
Italian dressing, to taste

Prepare the pasta as directed. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Once noodles are no longer hot, pour them along with the onions, olives and cheese into a bowl. Add Italian dressing to taste, I think I use a little over half a bottle. Stir to combine, store in the refrigerator until serving.

1 comment:

  1. Your pasta salad looks great! Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete