Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hands


Seriously, is there anything more precious than baby hands?  I remember holding Caleb's hands in my own when he was a newborn.  They were tiny, fragile, and absolutely perfectly minature recreations of adult hands. (I'm sure that some of you are reading that sentence thinking, "well, duh", but don't underestimate the wonder a new mother feels over learning her new baby). 
Boy have those hands grown in the past eleven months!  I can recognize family features in Caleb's hands.  He has Brent's thumbnails and he has my dad's palms.  It's so blaringly obvious to me that I actually get nostalgic for my dad about it if I think about it too much.  I think God gave me a daily reminder of my dad when He made Caleb's hands, and I'm thankful for that.
Caleb can now use his hands for so much!  He is able to fit blocks together and he is learning to put shapes into his shape-sorter box through the lid.  He has been feeding himself for quite awhile now and loves almost any type of table food.  And as always, he loves to place his pointer finger in his mouth.  You can almost always catch him with it in there, not sucking on it, not really chewing.  Just hanging out with his finger in there. 
Caleb now has a new skill to share...he can pull up not only to his knees, but now to his feet!  He used to only feel comfortable doing this while crawling on me, now he can do it on furniture.  He's still a little wobbly so I haven't gotten a good picture yet (I'm busy watching like a hawk in case he slips), but I can't wait to photograph it!

No comments:

Post a Comment