Monday, June 8, 2009

He's awake!

The first two pictures were taken when Caleb was ten days old. The third I just took this morning and today he is 20 days old.

It seems like most of my pictures of Caleb are of him asleep. Probably because that's when I have a chance to grab the camera and snap a few shots. Also, when he's wide awake and making cute faces *at four a.m.* I'm not really in the mood to grab the camera and document my sleep deprivation in action.

I love our playtime, when his eyes are open and he is examining me, or the window, or the television. I have to admit, there's nothing more gratifying than seeing my baby turn his eyes to me when he hears my voice. He's always done it just for me (which I secretly love), but I noticed him turn towards his Daddy the other day which is okay too :)

Every once in awhile Caleb gets ahold of one of his fingers or his thumb with his mouth and tries to suck on it. Usually he finds a reason to move his hand away before he really gets down to business. That's his Papa holding him when he was ten days old.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Hilary! Caleb is just beautiful, oopps, sorry handsome! Hope your feeling good and breathing in every single moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - he is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Caleb is getting cuter every day! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete