Thursday, September 4, 2008

Taco Soup

Since I've started blogging, I've noticed that I cook a lot of things Mexican-like. I guess it's because our favorite Mexican recipes are pretty easy, don't require a lot of fancy ingredients, and they aren't that expensive! This recipe for Taco Soup has been in my family for awhile. My mom first found it and I latched onto it like a frat boy on a keg. It took me awhile to convince Brent that the beans are necessary cogs to this soup-machine, but he's a believer now. I don't know if he just got tired of picking them out of his bowl or if he decided they really don't taste bad at all. All I know is that I'm glad I won the bean fight of 2008.

Taco Soup

1 1/2# burger
1 onion chopped
1 16 oz can kidney beans with liquid
1 16 oz can chili beans
1 small bag frozen corn
1 can Rotel
1 16 oz can diced tomatoes
1 4oz can green chiles
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing mix
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 1/2 c. water

Brown beef and saute onion - drain, stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer @ least two hours.
Serve with whatever garnishes float your boat.

P.S. This soup tastes even better on day 2. I like to mix it up by using the leftovers to make some kickin' nachos. Just drain the soup, put over a bunch of chips and ta da, taco soup with chips!

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I hope the cooler weather sticks around so I can make soups and chilis, especially this one!

    ReplyDelete