Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Apricot Honey Chicken

The next time I make this recipe, I will get up five minutes early (yeah right) to marinate the chicken before I leave for work. Though the dish requires almost zero effort, the total start-to-finish time is a little long for a weeknight dinner.

The chicken came out of the oven super juicy, with a great sweet and tangy flavor. No dry baked chicken here, lovelies!

Also, expect a new theme to this blog, a constant stream of complaints about the quality of my photos. I hate these dark pictures! One of my favorite things about food blogs is beautiful photography, and this blog don't got it. I need to get ahold of either a lightbox or an external flash so I can amaze you not only with yummy food, but also with quality photography!

Apricot Honey Chicken
from Joelen's Culinary Adventures

1 pound chicken breasts
2 tbsps canola oil
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup orange juice
1 1/2 tbsps honey

Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, as long as overnight.
Preheat oven to 350
Use cooking spray to grease a large baking dish, place the chicken breasts in the dish, discarding the marinade.
Bake until juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes.

*This post was written to the tunes on Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations Playlist on Rhapsody. Funk and old rock, man.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the subtle sweetness of the dish! Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and sounds easy! Did you serve rice or couscous as a side dish? I'm glad you are back up and blogging!

    ReplyDelete